Informing and orientating.
- Taking stock of the prospective buyers wishes and needs.
- Providing information about property that complies with the selection criteria.
- Making arrangements to view the property.
- Support during the visit.
- Asking for (supplementary) information.
- Giving advice with regard to the overall structural condition and/or maintenance record of the property/dwelling.
- Determining the marketability and suitability of the property/ the dwelling.
- Giving advice on legal aspects.
- Giving advice on the negotiation tactics and strategy to be followed in the purchase negotiations.
- Giving advice with regard to the amount and with regard to the moment as to when to make the bid.
- Formulation of the bid and the ancillary conditions.
- Investigating deeds and land registry data from municipal institutions.
- Giving advice in case specific advice is to be obtained from third parties.
- Entering into the purchase agreement and assisting with the formulation of the purchase agreement.
- Providing guidance when signing the contract of sale in the presence of a civil-law notary.
- Progress control and, if necessary, directing parties.
- Offering guidance with the legal transfer of title and the actual delivery.
Fees for guidance during the purchase transaction.
For the overall guidance provided by SEM Estate Agents a commission is charged related to the maximum value recommended. The amount of the commission also depends on the type of dwelling and the price range.
The commission varies between 1.0 % and 1.5 %, exclusive of VAT.
For a partial advice SEM charges a partial fee (0.50 % to 1.2 %), depending on the case, or a fixed hourly rate. It is also possible, depending on the case, to agree to a fixed rate with a payment related to the amount which will be deducted from the asking price.
If a commission is combined with a follow-up commission (purchase/sale or two sales, etc.) SEM Estate Agents will only charge a reduced fee for the second transaction.
A special fee applies for purchasing and guidance at auctions (Eerste Amsterdamse Onroerend Goed Veiling). This depends on the type of object for which advice is given.
The fees and percentages mentioned above are exclusive of VAT and are in line with the ‘Algemene Consumenten Voorwaarden’ (General Consumer Conditions) of the NVM (Netherlands Association of Real Estate Brokers and Immovable Property Experts).